Digestion & Absorption - Top 5 Ways To Improve Them In Daily Life
Posted on 27 November 2020
Digestion and Absorption are two important processes that help the body to stay healthy and boosts the energy level. Here we will recommend ways about how to improve digestive health and provide some digestion problem remedy that you can perform at your home
What are digestion and absorption?
Digestion refers to the process of breaking the ingested food into a form that can be absorbed by the body. And absorption is the process that initiates movement of water, nutrients, and electrolytes from the Small intestine to the body cells. Digestion and Absorption remedy includes the consumption of a balanced diet along with adopting some healthy habits.
Top 5 ways to improve digestion and absorption in daily life
Here are 5 ways about how to improve digestion naturally at home.
#1. Eat Healthily
Opt for healthy foods to improve digestion. Here is a guideline for what to eat to aid digestion -
Image Source: Pexels
- Wheat - It is rich in fibre that helps me in the smooth functioning of the digestive system. Reduces constipation and keeps your gut healthy.
- Chicken Breast - Patients with irritable bowel syndrome compulsorily require chicken breasts in their diet. It is a great source of essential amino acids and protein.
- Yoghurt - It is rich in prebiotics that improves digestion and treats digestive issues like constipation, diarrhoea and bloating. It also reduces the risk of colon cancer.
- Cumin - it has antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-diabetic properties. It helps to stimulate your appetite, provides relief from dysentery and diarrhoea, and helps in treating stomach pain.
- Kefir - It is a fermented milk drink that is rich in probiotics and promotes better digestion.
- Green leafy vegetables and fruits - These are rich in nutrients, minerals, vitamins, and fibre. Helps in proper digestion and maintains a healthy gut.
- Bone Broth- It is rich in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, gelatin, sulfur chondroitin, and glucosamine. This reduces inflammation, supports digestion, protects from infection, and maintains gut health.
#2. Stay Hydrated
- Intake 50-66 ounce of water and non-caffeinated fluids.
- Include fruits and vegetables that contain water like melons, cucumber, tomatoes, grapefruit, and peaches.
#3. Adopt Healthy Eating Practices
- Mindful Eating - Wondering how to improve digestion and gut health? You need to pay attention to your eating practices including the food you are consuming and the process. Always eat slowly. Keep your focus on food while eating and consume each bite consciously.
- Chew your food - This is an important and initial step for digestion. Chewing properly reduces the task of the stomach to break down complex food molecules for proper absorption. Moreover, it makes the availability of saliva for digestion.
#4. Perform Physical Exercise
If you are worried about how to improve digestion and metabolism, then this tip is very necessary.
- Take a short walk for 10 minutes after consuming a meal. This will help in proper digestion. Exercise is the answer to how to improve digestion naturally.
- Daily exercises may reduce chronic constipation problems.
- Moderate exercise like cycling or jogging keeps your metabolism rate perfect and helps in better digestion.
- Go for meditation and relaxation training for proper stress management. Stress may result in stomach ulcers, constipation, diarrhoea, and IBS.
#5. Eliminate Bad Habits
- Stop smoking - Smoking increases the risk of acid reflux, stomach ulcers, ulcerative colitis, and gastrointestinal cancers. If you are thinking about how to improve the digestive system then the first thing is to quit smoking.
- Quit Alcohol consumption - Alcohol is associated with severe digestive issues like bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract, inflammatory bowel disease, leaky gut, heartburn, stomach ulcers, and acid reflux.
- Avoid eating late at night. This may affect your digestion process.
Digestion and Absorption remedies
Symptoms that generally arises due to improper digestion and absorption are -
Image Source: Pexels
- Stomach pain
- Weight gain or loss
Some severe digestive diseases include -
- Gallstones, cholecystitis, cholangitis
- Stomach problems like gastric ulcer
- Liver problems like cirrhosis
- Oesophagus problems like esophagitis
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Intestinal problems and rectal problems.
Now you may start thinking about how to improve digestion and absorption? Severe digestive problems require a proper medical observation and let your doctor along with a dietician to prepare your diet chart.
For not so severe cases, digestion and absorption home remedies include -
Image Source: Pexels
- Baking soda - The sodium bicarbonate in the baking soda acts as an antacid and neutralizes the stomach acid. It relieves you from heartburn and indigestion.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - Rich in phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and other digestive minerals. This prevents acid reflux and cures indigestion. Consume it with water or honey.
- Ginger - which is antioxidants and release from indigestion, nausea, gastric contractions, and gastrointestinal irritation.
- Carom Seeds or Ajwain - This is a popular digestion problem solution. It reduces indigestion acidity and other gastric problems. Consume it with water.
- Fennel Seeds or Saunf - Add it with tea or consume with water for immediate results. It initiates the production of gastric juices and helps in smooth digestion.
- Coriander seeds or Dhaniya - It contains antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties. Consume coriander seeds infused water to stimulate the digestive process. It cures indigestion, increases appetite level, and detoxifies the liver.
- Hot water - it is the easiest remedy for how to improve digestion. Drink 1-2 glasses of hot water every morning.
Herbal Remedy for Digestion
Teatox Life is one of the companies that provide a Herbal remedy for digestion. They offer a variety of tea products that helps to maintain colon and gut health, prevents bloating, regulates weight, and helps in proper digestion. Here are a few products that are offered by them -
The procedure of making tea at home
Constipation Relief Colon Cleanse Tea
Constipation & Bloating Relief Digestion Support Tea
If you are worried about how to keep stomach healthy and clean, then you can try the following items -
- Lemon and other citrus fruits.
- Fruits and vegetables like broccoli, asparagus, avocado.
- Naturally occurring fibres like whole grains, nuts and seeds.
- Herbs and spices like ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, and cumin.
- Sufficient water. It may include coconut water and herbal tea.
If you want to find the answer about how to improve digestive health naturally, then you need to change your habits and get yourself prepared to stay healthy and eat healthily. If you want to lead a healthy lifestyle, then practice exercises, drink sufficient water & quit bad habits.