Have you ever heard of something called ”prebiotic”? It is a prominent component of various healthy foods that promote microorganisms’ growth, helping in overall healing and development of body health, especially intestine health. Due to this, Cinnamon, because of its prebiotic properties, is highly recommended for digestion. Therefore, it is a spice and significantly naturally improves gut health, making our digestive tract function better. Apart from digestion, there are many advantages to Cinnamon.
Benefits of Cinnamon for digestion
Cinnamon, aiding in digestion, is supported by a long history of traditional folk medicine. Minerals like calcium, iron, and polyphenol are in higher quantities in this spice, helping to get faster relief from nausea, stomach ulcers, stomach cramps, etc. This spice can also be made into a powder. The cinnamon powder also has added benefits. If consumed by mixing it with some warm water flavored with a spoon of Honey, it will immediately give you relief from constipation. The primary function of this mixture is to prevent gaseous formations in your stomach. The anti-inflammatory properties help in clearing the digestive tract from any harmful toxins. Also, Cinnamon’s potassium content helps in tackling the acid, which is very much the leading cause of indigestion.
Insulin is what is mainly responsible for transporting glucose to your cells. When the content of insulin in the body drops, the sugar level of the body increases. This is why Cinnamon is proved to be beneficial for diabetes and is natural and a crucial element of home remedies. It helps in maintaining a proper sugar balance in the body. In the case of low blood pressure, Cinnamon aids in increasing the transport of glucose to cells and thus increases insulin levels. With this, moderating or maintaining the blood sugar level of patients with higher sugar is also one of the functions carried out by Cinnamon. According to many research studies conducted, type 2 diabetes has shown improvements in the daily consumption of a regulated amount of cinnamon or cinnamon powder.
Cinnamon benefits Weight loss
Cinnamons are filled with fibers. Including a lot of fibers in your diet automatically reduces the quantity of food that you intake. It is because of the numerous nutritional benefits of Cinnamon. It has a lot of minerals that keep your body nourished. As mentioned above, a steady increase of insulin in the body also keeps your weight on track. Therefore, we have a lot of reasons to believe that Cinnamon helps in weight loss^.
Here are a few ways in which you add Cinnamon to your diet.
- Add some cinnamon powder over your fruits. Here, you get the full meal consisting of fibers and extremely rich nutrients that will nourish your body.
- If you love the typical weight loss and the strict diet recommended oat breakfast, make sure you sprinkle some cinnamon on top of it. With some fragrance, you also get a bulk of nutrients.
Cinnamons can add flavors to fruit smoothies too. Add half a teaspoon to the jar filled with apple or mango smoothies, and they will be more delicious.
All these activities seem to be connected to the insulin action of Cinnamon. It is a spice! It is known that the body will use more energy to break down and process cinnamons to help ease digestion. This property of cinnamons will improve your metabolism rate and keep your food consumption and weight in control.^
Now, if metabolism is your target, there are few recipes for pure cinnamon teas:
Add Your Heading Text Here
4. Mix it well and serve!
There are some fantastic health benefits of Cinnamon tea.
- Cinnamons can play a crucial role in maintaining a good and healthy heart. The anti-inflammatory properties are the ones that have proved to be beneficial in removing cholesterol from your heart blood vessels. It thus protects from blood clots and very obviously is a great benefit for people with cholesterol.
- Intake of this tea (in specific amounts only) has been shown to improve various neurological disorders like Alzheimer’s disease. The function here is to protect the brain cells from decaying.^
- The cinnamon tea can be your natural and home-made remedy for anti-aging. The antioxidant properties of Cinnamon will keep your skin more than flawless. It also increases the blood flow, and hence it will do wonders for your hair. Let that volume of hair you lose slow down! Apply the mixture of Cinnamon, water, and raw HoneyHoney to your scalp and leave it for a few minutes. After a few minutes, rinse your hair thoroughly with water.
Cinnamon is also known to help you cut down a few extra pounds. It helps you maintain a fit body by aiding weight loss.