The Tulsi plant has been revered since ancient times and has been a traditional form of medicine. The use of tulsi has always been propagated and the benefits of consuming the leaves of tulsi every day. Tulsi, also known as the holy basil, is found in almost every household. It holds a prominent place in the garden or courtyard.
The medicinal properties surpass its beauty, and scientists have found several health benefits that can quickly eliminate several ailments. You can try out how Tulsi tea health benefits can improve your health within a few weeks of consumption.
A lot of the popularity of tulsi is gained through a decrease in the weight issues that most people face nowadays; hence Tulsi tea for weight loss has become a healthy option for all.
It has properties that can kill germs. Hence few drops of tulsi water on foods can purify foods. Tulsi provides ample oxygen, but it is planted indoors (near a window) to help get rid of insects. The family can benefit from frequently not getting infected by common colds, cough, and other viral infections. After you consume this brew, you will understand the Tulsi tea advantages for one’s well being.
Tulsi tea benefits:
- Consuming tulsi tea every day when you have a fever will help you cure the sickness because it contains essential oils and phytonutrients that make it potent to fight all infections that cause the fever in the body. The Health benefits of tulsi tea are several hence an apt health drink for almost every age group.
- People suffering from respiratory disorders find relief in the form of tulsi tea. Because it has a rich source of antioxidants, phytochemicals, and bioflavonoids, they happen to be the primary source to fight and treat infections relating to the respiratory tract. The best option to avoid infections would be to switch to Tulsi tea for immunity.
- The skin has to be cared for, and this can be done very quickly with the help of taking in tulsi tea; this brew contains so many antioxidants, which is excellent for anti-ageing. It helps to get your collagen to start working and increase the elasticity of the skin.
- Immunity should be up at all times, and a dip is a sure sign to panic because you are then prone to several infections. Tulsi tea is a saviour in building your immunity and helping you fight all kinds of infections. Hence Tulsi tea immunity booster can be a regular drink in your everyday diet.
- When you make, the brew will release some strong aroma that drives off insects such as the pesky mosquitoes. The plant itself is an insect repellent in itself.
In the health industry example “Teatox” aims to provide their customers with the most organic and healthy supplements. Some of our best known products are:
Some of us face issues with feeling energised even after a good long sleep. This is why Teatox provides the perfect energiser by health enriching tea with Tulsi & Ashwagandha.
Anti-oxidant Tulsi Green Tea Blend
Properties of tulsi tea
- The vitamin C and the zinc in the tulsi help boost your immunity with regular consumption.
- It reduces pain and fever because the antibacterial and antiviral properties come to the fore to fight the infections for you. There is a chemical present in tulsi known as eugenol, which acts as a pain reliever.
- Other chemicals in tulsi are camphene and cineole, which work well to eliminate your cold and respiratory tract congestion. Your cough can be driven away with this tulsi tea brew. It is mighty useful for those suffering from bronchitis, asthma, or influenza to easily decongest the chest and throat. Tulsi tea herbal benefits cannot be undermined as it has been utilised from ancient times.
- People suffering from blood pressure or under stress can calm their frayed nerves through drinking tulsi tea.
- The brew has unique anti-cancer properties that can help destroy cancer cells and prevent cancer from spreading in the body.
- Now that the brew calms your blood pressure, it sure is going to look after your heart. The cholesterol in the blood gets checked and hence will reduce the chances of stroke. So regular consumption can improve heart health.
Image Source: Unsplash
- The Ocimum Sides A and B present in the tulsi happen to be compounds that help reduce stress. The serotonin and dopamine have to be released in the brain by the neurotransmitters to get your mind feel calm and peaceful, and a regular cup of tulsi tea will do just that.
- Your kidney can end up with stones, more apparently stress and decreased water intake. Tulsi tea consumption will help because it has diuretic properties and reduces the uric acid accumulation and calcification of stones in the kidney. The decrease in uric acid levels also helps people who are suffering from gout.
- For people suffering from gastrointestinal disorders such as loss of appetite or are complaining of flatulence and bloating, tulsi tea can resolve these issues.
- When digestion improves, you will automatically find that the body will consume the right amount of food and subside improper fat accumulation. With regular consumption of the brew, you can expect Tulsi tea benefits for weight loss. You will find that many people are eager to reduce weight and try to take drastic measures that eventually don’t work out or pay a heavy price, so a better option is to check the benefits of tulsi tea.
There are also some side effects if not consumed as prescribed. Each person may have a different body constitution; hence doctor’s advice is required. Some side effect that has been observed is
- Fertility issues in women
- Some may experience nausea and vomiting
- May lower blood sugar levels the decrease will affect those already on medication for it
To help you out we are adding the recipes and our favourite Tulsi products to help you be your best self.
Tulsi Green Tea with Ashwagandha
Anti-oxidant Tulsi Green Tea Blend
Green tea with Tulsi, Ginger, Lemon and Cinnamon
Image Source: Unsplash
There are multiple advantages of tulsi tea. Tulsi has also been referred to as the queen of herbs with different tulsi varieties, so be sure to pick the right one for regular intake.